In line with reaching 1k followers (thank you!) and celebrating the upcoming Holiday season, I decided to do a giveaway! Please read the rules below:
- Must be following lostinfictionbooks.
- Reblog and like to enter (no limits).
- The winner will get to pick one (1) book from my favorite 2013 reads (refer to the picture above).
- Book will be in paperback format.
- I’ll contact the winner through ask box, winner must be willing to give out their shipping address to me.
- The winner will have 48 hours to confirm by replying; otherwise, that person will be disqualified and I’ll pick another winner.
- Open Internationally (via book depository).
- The giveaway will end on December 17, 2013.
- Message me if you have any questions.
- For a chance to win two books read this.
Good luck to all and Happy reading!
Seven days left to enter! Have you thought about what you’d pick if you win? :)
Roses are white
nightlock is blue
it’s called Catching Fire
not Hunger Games 2
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Looking for Alaska
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fight Club
- Pride and Prejudice
- Life of Pi
- Paper Towns
- Beautiful Creatures
- Clockwork Princess
- An Abundance of Katherines
- A Series of Unfortunate Events
- The Twilight Saga
- 50 Shades of Grey
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Catcher in the Rye
- The Cuckoo’s Calling
- Wuthering Heights
They just arrived. I guess I’ll see you all in a few weeks.
I have work again today but I plan on updating my book photo challenge when I get home (I’ve been crazy busy but that’s a good thing.)
Oh and I’ve finished Percy Jackson #3 and I’m finally going to read The Great Gatsby :D
Day 22: Thankful
I’m thankful for books in general.
And also this awesome new bookshelf.
That epilogue just MELTED MY HEART
and just how through the whole thing she thought she was supposed to be with Finn and then it was all ‘no wait but LOKI’ and just. It was so good.
Sounds like a plan, haha. Definitely.
Message me! Well set up a date, haha
He’s practically perfect *sigh*
I always get the urge to reread them just so I can experience Loki all over again, haha.
I AGREE 100% WITH ALL THE LOKI ANSWERS! HE’S MY GUILTY PLEASURE TOO!
I wont be tagging anyone because I’ve already done this a couple of times, so I’m not going to post the rules. But I’m going to answer both sets of questions, haha.
1) Book you didn’t expect to like, but loved it when you read it?
The Faraway Tree Collection by Enid Blyton. I really had no clue what to expect when I read this at 11 years of age. It just looked like a giant book of ridiculous words. And then I started reading it. That book taught me never to judge a book before reading it.
2) Book you couldn’t finish?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Now, I actually really really love this book. I think it’s utterly fantastic. It also just happens to be the only one I haven’t finished yet. I’ll definitely get there though. One day…
3) Favourite love story?
Wendy and Loki from Amanda Hocking’s Trylle Trilogy. It’s just so good. Ugh. It’s probably actually my guilty pleasure. Oop.
4) Author you don’t like?
It’s not that I don’t like this author, I actually really like this author. I think his stories are brilliant. I just find Neil Gaiman’s writing difficult to get through, is all. I felt like it wasn’t engaging me at all. But I plan on giving them another shot soon. It’ll probably be better the second time. But I don’t have any authors I don’t like so that’s my answer.
7) Most interesting character?
Probably Luke from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Or at least from what I’ve read of it so far. (I’m up to the fourth book.)
8) Top five authors?
Sarah J Maas, Susan Ee, John Green, Markus Zusak, George Orwell
9) Favourite type of books?
Paperbacks. Hardbacks are cool, but me mostly get paperbacks in Aus. So paperbacks I like. Especially Young Adult fantasy/dystopian/historical fiction/contemporary. I mean I just like Fiction in general, right? But mostly YA. Also classics. I freaking love classics.
10) First book you really loved?
Lily Quench series by Natalie Jane Prior
11) Favourite Book Cover?
Probably the cover for Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. It’s just so understated and gorgeous.
1) Who is your book OTP?
Celaena x Sam from Throne of Glass… *sigh*
2) Who is the first character you had a crush on?
hahahaahah Loki from the Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking.
3) What book/series first got you into reading?
The Lily Quech series by Natalie Jane Prior :)
4) Book you have read multiple times?
Now here’s the thing. I never reread books. It doesn’t seem fair to all the other books I still need to read. So that’s what makes this series so special. I’ve reread Throne of Glass. There’s just something so great about them.
5) Book you absolutely hated?
Surprisingly, this hasn’t happened to me yet.
6) What book would you give as a present?
Hmm. Probably The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. It’s my favourite classic. I freaking love that book.
7) What character do you find the most annoying?
Jessamine Lovelace from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. And it wasn’t even that bad, probably more like a slight irritation.
8) What book ending made you scream (out of anger or happiness)?
Chris Colfer’s The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns. Fantastic book! God damn ending though. FIX THIS COLFER. (I really love this book okay.)
9) What is your biggest book pet peeve?
Covers that don’t match. Just. Ugh.
11) What is a book that helped you shape who you are today?
Hmm. The most effective was probably Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. Great book.
And that’s all folks! If you actually read this far down, I commend you. Haha, have a virtual cookie :)